Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Wall and a link up!

So, a few people have asked to hear more about my wall. It is so simple!
Click on the picture to see it better!
Supplies: Min Wax Wood Finish stain (color of your choice)
Rags
Gloves
Stencil of your choice. I got mine at Hobby Lobby
Tape to hold the stencil in place


This technique works best if you already have an eggshell or satin finish on your wall. All you do is line up your stencil, and lightly blot with rag dipped in stain. Repeat until your whole wall is done. When you are done stenciling, lightly rub over the wall with a little more stain, or don't...it's your wall and your call :) I didn't intend to rub it out, but after I was done stenciling I thought it needed something more. It is so easy and cheap!! A can of Min Wax is only abut $8 and you barely use any. I have done the rest of my kitchen walls with it, minus the stencil. Love this stuff!!

I am linking up to Tea Rose Home and That's so Cuegly! My very first link-up ever! So check it out!!
Also
Beyond The Picket Fence

1 comments:

Gilbrides said...

I LOVE it!!! Thanks for all your help and tips! I think my wall turned out pretty nice. I wish I had our digital camera so I could have sent pictures already but I will take pictures tomorrow (since James will be home with our camera) and send them to you. It was a fun project . . .wish mine would have only taken 1 hour instead of 4 though :)