Saturday, March 13, 2010

Projects and a few random pictures

I love to decorate...a lot. It makes me happy. I enjoy making our "house" a "home". So I have been really enjoying doing some new projects for our house. Nothing fancy and nothing big. My mom pointed out that I have a lot of knick-knacks. I in fact do. I decorate with a lot of little things.
So, here are a few pictures of some of the stuff I have been doing. I have been blog-surfing and have come across a lot of wonderful craft blogs. Check out the buttons on the side of my blog if you want to check some of them out.
But first...a couple pictures I love....

My Cierra. She. Just. Makes. Me. Happy.

Ty and Landon PASSED out!! Landon looks dead even.

OK, Cierra's balloon valance. My first ever. Not what I had originally pictured in my mind, but it turned out ok I think. Oh and 100% no sew!



This one...I just did today and I loved it! So much fun. I got the idea here.
You take old hardback books and just mod podge them with your desired color palette. I am going to do a set for Cierra's room next. Can't wait!

This is in Ty and Landon's room. I got the idea from a girl in San Antonio. It is just scrapbook paper glued on styrofoam which I then mod podged. Takes up a lot of wall for a little money.

Wall art for Cierra. Handmade with love. All for about $6. The design matches her bedding.

Family room curtains. No sew also. All you need is some Heat and Bond tape and an iron. So easy. My mom actually did these, but I was in the room;)

Our name sign. My sister has a Cricut (soooo awesome), so I just had to get the vinyl sheet. I got a picture frame, glued the glass into the frame and rubbed the vinyl onto it.
And, my wall. This is in my kitchen. You can't see it very well in the picture, dang it....but I love this wall. I stenciled with my trusty Min Wax stain, then rubbed it out before it dried all the way.
Like I said, nothing fancy, but I have enjoyed being crafty. I wish I could come up with great ideas on my own, but I am so happy that there are other creative people out there willing to share their ideas so I can copy them!

5 comments:

OUR HOUSE said...

OK, I am totally diggin' your kitchen wall! Where exactly did you get that idea - which craft site?

Erin said...

WOw I LOVE the ideas! I am also trying to get more done around the house. I am in an organizing phase:) I still have tons to do and decorate. I love finding new ideas! Don't worry I can't come up with anything on my own either:)

Lamont said...

I Love the picture of Cierra and the boys! Decorating is a love of fun. I have been wanting to do curtains like Cierra's in my living room. I guess I just need to try and do it. Between you and Erin you guys have made me feel crafty. Oh I Love the Cricket too. My Mom has one.

gravesfam said...

Love your post! I think my fav. was the pic of your boys passed out :) Could you give me details on how you did the kitchen wall? Super cute!

The Bergquist Fam said...

love all the decorating skills! great idea with the scrap book papaer for wall art, i think i'll copy it! and your wall is amazing! i don't know that i would have the patience to do it, but i love it!