Friday, March 26, 2010

Family Movie Night...and how many times can I say cute?

So at the beginning of the visit with the boys I had told Ron about this great idea I had. It was a reward system using fake money that the kids would earn for doing chores or other good behavior. Then at the end of our visit we would have a big movie night and have a concession stand at which they could use their "money" to buy whatever junk food they wanted.
Well.....as with many other things in my life, I didn't quite follow through.
And then all of the sudden, here we are, the last night we all have together and the plan was not in place. I know I have said it like a gUZillion times, but I am not feeling that great and today I had a gUZillion loads of laundry to do to pack the kids up to see their dad..and then at the last minute my neighbor asked me to drive her to the airport which took almost two hours because of lovely Las Vegas traffic.
So, my wonderful, cute and awesome husband TOTALLY picked up my slack and made it happen!!! He even printed off a little menu with prices for everything...it even included clip art!! How cute is that???!!??? He also printed off some cute Family Movie Night Tickets that they had to buy also. Needless to say, the night was a hit! He turned something ordinary into something the kids will never forget. They all keep saying how awesome they thought it was and of course it was the "best night ever!!!" (They say that all the time, but still...it's good to hear.)
Thanks babe for making tonight work and making it great!!

The Menu...blurry picture
Movie ticket - $10
Hot Dog - $5
Nachos - $5
Candy - $5
Soda - $5
Popcorn - $5
Oh and by the way the movie was "Planet 51". Cute.


The kids picking their candy and paying up!

The movie tickets. We will definitely use these again!

7 comments:

OUR HOUSE said...

WOW! Now that's an impressive, Ron. My husband does a lot of things, but he would never in a million years think to do that. Way to go!

Brittany said...

Way to go Ron! That is such a cute idea Nicole! You just full of those!!! :D

Gilbrides said...

Hats off to both of you for such a great night. Ron did an awesome job on the menu! I'm sure it's a night everyone will be talking about for years to come!!!

Dahle Family said...

That is awesome. I have to admit that I end up stealing half your ideas for my family as well. You guys are so great. Glad everyone had so much fun together

Kristen said...

Way to go Ron! That is so awesome! I love the idea. Where did you find the money???

The Bergquist Fam said...

LOVE it! and probably gonna steal the idea for a family thing here too! thanks for sharing!

Lynda said...

Oh my goodness!! How awesome was that! Great job, Ron!