Monday, July 28, 2008

Seriously???


Why does this ALWAYS happen to me? Will someone please explain to me what is so hard about getting highlights in my hair? About 95% of the time when I go get my hair highlighted it turns out horrible. I do a better job myself. I can do the front of my head fine, but my whole head needed to be done and I don't have eyes in the back of my head. I went to JC Penney which I thought was safe and explained what I wanted like 20 times because I know the problems I have. Once she washed out my hair and had me sit back in the chair and took the towel off I knew it was horrible right off the bat. I have had this happen so many times and I don't say anything and just go home really mad and spend days fixing it. Well, not that day. I decided to take a stand!! As nicely as I could I told her that it was not at all what I asked her to do. She then tried to tell me that it was. That is when nice went out the window. I told her that something must have been lost in translation...she is...how can I say this without offending...not from the US. I then said that I needed to leave because I was really mad. I walked up to the front fully intending to pay but the girl at the desk heard what was going on and said that I didn't need to and that someone else could fix it for me. I had just spent 2 and half hours there while my kids were being watched by a friend. How on earth was I going to stay another 2 and a half hours...not to mention that my hair would be fried right off my head.
She said the manager would call me and maybe recommend some conditioning treatments. What???? Conditioning Treatments?? What about the mess of color on my head? I was so mad at that point that I just said whatever and left.
That was Thursday. Today, which is MONDAY he called me. He asks me if I would like to come in and have someone redo it. I say yes. I can not live with this color. He then asks me if I want the original lady to do it. Clearly he doesn't quite grasp the situation. No, I tell him...not really.
Now I have an appointment with another lady tomorrow. I have had her before and I know she does a good job. Why I didn't request her to begin with is beyond me.
Now my question is...are they going to make me pay? I didn't pay for the original disaster...but they are fixing it...so does that warrant payment? I am thinking no...but let me know what you think.
Oh..for the description of what I wanted:
An overall blonde with subtle lowlights. A 2 to 1 ratio, blonde being the 2, brown being the 1.
What I got:
An overall red/brassy look with a 2 to 1 ratio...red being the 2 and brassy being the 1. Oh and for a bonus, some WHITE strands which have broken off already...so we don't need to worry about those.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't hear you at the salon, but you were pretty calm right afterwards when I met you. When I left you under the dryer, things were fine and then you called me all upset...I felt horrible, but I promise you it didn't look bad! It wasn't what you wanted, but it didn't look bad! I'm glad they called today and are willing to fix it. I am not sure about paying. I wouldn’t think you would have to pay just because they messed up and yes it is nice and only appropriate that they fix your hair, but it is also an inconvenience for you so that is why I would say no. I would probably tip the lady, but wouldn’t pay…definitely not full price if they do try to charge you! I have AT&T coming in the morning, but let me know if you need me to watch the kids when you go. They should be done at the house! Thanks for going to Sea World today...I had a blast!

Lindsey said...

HEY, I THINK IT LOOKS GOOD ON THE PICTURE.. DID YOU CUT IT?? YOUR WAY BRAVE TO SAY SOMETHING I ALWAYS GO HOME CRYING.AND END UP DYING IT MYSELF OR GOING TO SOMEONE ELSE. SO GOOD FOR YOU FOR STANDING UP FOR YOURSELF!!!!I HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU. WE GO TO THE SALON TO MAKE US FEEL PRETTY NOT MAKE US SAD:( BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!!HOLY SHIT THAT WAS RANDOM SORRY!! I LOVE YA!!

Nicole Howard said...

Allison, that is the picture you took of it. I think I will just tip the new lady. Hopefully they don't charge me.

Linds...like I said, the pic doesn't do it justice. No I didn't cut my hair...I had it pulled back. I will post an after picture tomorrow.

Kristen said...

You poor thing! You never have luck! Hope it turns out better and NO...I wouldn't pay!

Dahle Family said...

You need to just go to cosmatology school yourself, because you always do a better job for everybody else than we could get at a salon. You just need to do it for yourself.

Gilbrides said...

Is this worse than when you had to spend $300 and 3 different trips to the salon to get rid of the "skunk" look? You poor thing. You really do seem to have terrible experiences with your hair color. I think something most have happened to you and James as children because you seem to come with a curse of bad luck.

Melissa said...

You go girl. I never have the guts to tell someone I don't like it. I went to four different places while I was in San Antonio for one reason or another, and it was usually because I wasn't happy, that or too expensive. When we pay that kind of money, we better look dang good when we walk out. I'll probably have hair down to my waist before I find someone here who can get it the way I like it.

The Bergquist Fam said...

i definately wouldn't pay, because they have wasted so much of your time! and time when you have kids being babysat is a big deal. maybe tip the new lady if she can "fix" it. good luck!

Abbey said...

I hope it all works out today. I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself. And no, I wouldn't pay them. If you explain the hastle it has caused, I don't think they will charge you.

The Prices said...

You are braver than me. I always just go home and try to fix it. Mine is usually the cut that goes wrong instead of the color. What happens is I go to someone new and they do an AWESOME job--so the next time I ask for them, thinking they can duplicate their original masterpiece--but instead I come out with some funky hair cut that barely resembles anything close to the original!!!!! So frustrating. I say don't pay--but if she does fix it give her a decent tip. Make sure to post pics of the after.

emily said...

i am thinking that i enjoy black hair and just having to cover up the occasional grey.... much easier. sorry about that one. although it was an entertaining post.

Desi said...

How awful! I hate when that happens. I have stopped going and getting my hair done because I can do it better myself too. (Though, Kelly helped me this time and I think it turned out way cute!) What a rip off, I don't think you should have to pay, but do tip the girl well is she can fix it right. I hate when someone messes up my hair, and it really happens way to often! I just got my hair cut on Monday, I'm not sure what I think yet...

Good luck on the redo!

Nicole Howard said...

Soooo they made me pay 50%. AND I still hate my hair. It is not blonde AT ALL. It is brown and brassy. I give up!! I can't do anything more. My hair will break completely off.
Happy Day!!

Lindsey said...

SO WHEN IS THIS VEGAS TRIP?? I'M SO EXITED!!! I JUST NEED TO START SAVING SOME MONEY!! SORRY ABOUT YOUR HAIR!! THAT SUCKS A BIG ONE!! WHY DO WE HAVE TO LOOK GOOD ANYWAY??

The Hunsaker Family said...

You look cute no matter what. I am sure it looks good. Was it jcpenny's at ingram mall?? If so that was your first mistake. I had a lady there named cody do my hair and she sucked. The best person to cut hair I thought was Teresa at Mio and Max at ingram mall (top floor by Jcpenney). I liked how much she cut my hair in March a week before I left that I havent had it cut since. I am in desperate need of one..wish me luck finding someone. :-)