Friday, August 29, 2008

Another day...another popcorn kernel up the nose!

Oh Tyler, Tyler. What will I do with you. He is definitely as "boy" as they come. I have not experienced "little boy" on this level before. Well, today I gave them some popcorn as a snack while I was making some cookies. All of the sudden, Tyler starts screaming. I look at him and he has his finger up his nose.
Me: Well, then stop picking your nose
Tyler: Wahhhhh
Me: What the heck..is that a popcorn kernel up your nose???
Yep, it was. And every time he cried he sniffed which sucked it even further up his nose. I swooped him up and took him into my room to perform surgery with tweezers. That didn't work...it was a slippery little sucker. Then da da da da da...light bulb. I got some tissue and told him to blow his nose and low and behold his nose gave birth to a popcorn kernel.
After it came out the sweet little boy patted my hand and said "Tank oou" and gave me a kiss. At least he is grateful;)

8 comments:

Abbey said...

HAHA! That is hilarious, but very cute that he was so glad it was out!

Dahle Family said...

Way to go Mommy! always there to resuce your little ones. That just makes me laugh. I will have to tell you my story of when the similar thing happened...not to be shared publicly

Kristen said...

So fun! I can't tell you how many times I called Poison Control on Paige. I ended up asking them when I called "can I just give you a made up name". So sorry Ty!

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey said...

THAT IS FUNNY!!! I LOVE HOW YOU SAID GAVE BIRTH TO IT!! OOO I MISS YOU!! COME BACK PLEASE!!!!I'M GLAD HE IS OK POOR GUY.. YOUR KIDS ARE SMART TO BLOW THERE NOSES. MINE WOULD JUST SNIFF IT UP MORE:)

OUR HOUSE said...

I can't remember if I've told you this or not - When Cora was little, about 2 years old, she used to chew on paper all the time. She'd get a wad of it in her mouth, and she'd just chew on it all day like it was her cud or something. Gross. Anyway, one day she got curious and stuck her cud up her nose. I had a time of it, prying it out with the tweezers. She never did it again. I hope Ty learned his lesson too, but you never know with boys:)

Carolynn said...

Tyler you are such a little cutie!! So glad that the kernel came out. Wow!! he can blow his nose ... amazing. I think that his cousin Katelyn can blow her's also ... the genius must come from grandma's genes.

Heather said...

LOL!! What a cute little guy!! I love that he was aware of your superMom tactics!! YOu saved his day!!