Monday, May 26, 2008

My sweet little girl

Tonight after tucking the kids in bed, I came downstairs to pick things up. On the table was a picture Cierra had colored with a card attached that said "Deer Mom, I hop you like that"(her spelling)
I just stood there reading this sweet little note and looking at the wonderful picture she had drawn me with such gratitude for such a sweet daughter.
I went up to her room to tell her thank you. I sat on her bed and we started talking. She wanted to talk about her birthday coming up and what we will be doing for it. I then started telling her what an awesome kid she is and how sweet, loving and kind she is to everyone all of the time, and that I am so grateful to be her mommy. She then looked at me with tears in her eyes and said, "Mommy, it isn't very easy to be such a sweet girl."
"Why" I asked her. She said it was because Dylan won't hug her back when she tries to give him hugs. Awww...how sad is that? I told her that it is just because Dylan is a boy and that one day he will love giving her hugs again. Dylan is so important to her. If he does something kind to her she lights up so bright and if he isn't so kind, she melts into tears.
Anyway, I thought that was so cute. I love that little girl so much. She has such a big heart. I can't believe she will be 6 in just a couple days. Hopefully her sweetness will carry on into her teenage years.

4 comments:

OUR HOUSE said...

Okay, I love, love, love the picture you have at the top of your blog now! The last one was great, but this one is even better. And you look amazing, Nicole! We've got to get family pictures too. We haven't gotten them done since before Alex was born.

Lindsey said...

SHE IS SO CUTE.I'M SURE IT IS HARD FOR HER IN A HOUSE WITH ALL THOSE BOYS..I LOVE THAT PICTURE ALSO. YOU LOOK LIKE ONE HOT MAMA!!!! YOUR HAIR IS GETTING SO LONG.

Dahle Family said...

i love that little girl. she is so precious. tell her happy birthday from us and that we hope she knows that we love her.

Abbey said...

I love that girl. She is always writing you notes and pictures...so sweet.