Friday, May 30, 2008

My daughter thinks I am a panhandler!

Tonight the kids and I were doing some prep for her birthday party tomorrow. They were all helping me color with the new crayons Cierra got for her birthday. One set that she got was a set of Twistables that are "Real Life" which means that they are a swirl of colors together. They mostly turn out being a nasty mess of a color. Cierra was using one and tosses it down and says,"Mom, I don't like those crayons. I want to sell them." Now this in itself is not very funny...but let me give you some background and it might get there for ya.
I swear I have only had ONE garage sale in my whole adult life. Cierra was a baby and there is no way she could remember it. However, ANYTIME some toy of hers has "mysteriously" disappeared from her room (aka Mom got rid of it) she thinks we sold it. Anytime she is looking for a shirt that she has grown out of and I have removed from her drawers, she thinks I sold it. I couldn't find a pair of earrings one day...I must have sold them. It is so funny. So tonight when she said that I had to crack up....and share...maybe you had to be there!!

6 comments:

Jeremy and Sherri said...

She is the best!! Happy Birthday to you Cierra - Two days ago!! I told Michael on the 28th that today was Cierra's birthday and He said really - I told him that we could call her and He got so excited. Then like a crazy mom I got busy and forgot. But we didn't forget about you!! So Happy Late Birthday!! We are excited to see you in a few days!

Kristen said...

well thats ok...I am the "return queen"!

Abbey said...

That reminds me...when are you having that garage sale. Hehe

Lindsey said...

HEY NIC, I JUST READ YOUR COMMENTS ON MY PAGE. LOVE THE WORD SCRAPPY!!
YOUR KIDS ALWAYS LOOK SO CUTE. I'M SURE YOUR HAVING A HARD TIME, THAT IS A LONG TIME WITHOUT THEM. WILL YOU JUST HAVE THE TWINS AT HOME??
YOU SOULD GET A SITTER AND YOU AND RON GO ON THAT WILL DESERVED WEEKEND GET AWAY. OR EVEN A OVERNIGHTER. I WISH I LIVED CLOSER I WOULD SO WATCH YOUR KIDS!! K K LOVE YA K BYE

The Bergquist Fam said...

cracks me up! except that is what my kids will think of me i'm sure! i'm all about trying to second hand sell anything we are getting rid of! i'm the cheapskate of the family :)

Kolowich Boys said...

Thats some pretty funny stuff the things kids come up with and remember are amazing and very funny thats one of the great joys of being a dad or mom