Monday, August 31, 2009

My deal with Dyl


Today in a casual conversation with Dylan I mentioned that there are a lot of things I still want to do in my life. "Like what?" he asked as if the idea that his "old" mom would have any dreams or aspirations was ridiculous.
I said the first thing that came to my mind, "Like skydiving."
Let it be known that I really had no desire to ever skydive.
"Whatever Mom, you wouldn't do it," my sweet son says.
So began the deal.
The deal is that when Dylan returns from his mission he and I will go skydiving together as a welcome home and job well done.
He asked how we would remember "the deal". We came up with the idea to put it on our blog so now everyone knows and it is forever written somewhere in cyberspace.
So it looks like I will be skydiving in 13 years. And it will probably take me that long to get the nerve up;)

4 comments:

Jeremy and Sherri said...

children - you are one brave woman if you do and more brave if you don't - especially in 13 years - I think I would've changed the example!!

Heather said...

OMGosh!! Really??!! You are so brave to make a deal like that!! In 13 years when you look back at this I am sure you will be so grateful to have a return missionary safe and sound back home that you will be jumping that high with joy anyway!! So what's the big deal from coming down from that high! :)

The Bergquist Fam said...

I've always wanted to go skydiving! How fun! Can't wait to see pics in 13 years!!!

Kolowich Boys said...

Well you are as crazy as i thought you were i thought i was crazy well you have a long time to think about your fall they always said angels fall from heaven