Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Toasting in the new school year

Wow, Summer flew by, thankfully. The kids are with their dad for the summer so I am grateful that it went quickly. It was a good summer, lots of swimming, Seaworld, the beach, kids eat free at Chickfila, great friends, and even snuck in a little 4 day vacation. I think I would have to say this Summer has been one of the best ones I have had in a long time. I am grateful for the return of routine. I think I thrive on routine as much as the kids do.

I can't believe that Jonah is a Kindergartener, Cierra a 2nd grader and Dylan a 3rd grader. Time has flown by so quickly. It seems that in a blink of an eye I will be writing about them going to High School...

So here is us toasting in the new school year (and also celebrating a promotion for Ron to Staff Sgt...which is not to be overlooked)









First day of school.

6 comments:

Lamont said...

The kids look really cute for the first day of school. It is amazing how fast time flys.

Gilbrides said...

Fun idea! I like that--toasting in the new school year! The kids look so cute (and so big!!) It is amazing how fast time flies. Hope you guys have lots of great experiences this new school year!

Jeremy and Sherri said...

they all look so great!!!! and congrats to Ron!!! that is super great!!! - do you guys have a departure date yet??

Lynda said...

Congrats to Ron (we didn't know he changed his name to Roland) and hooray for kids going back to school!!!!

Erin said...

Wow I can't believe how big they are. Cierra looks so grown up! I love them so much! They are so sweet and adorable! I can't wait to see them again. I hope you plan a trip up once you move closer!!:)

OUR HOUSE said...

Wow, Cierra is stunningly beautiful in those pictures. You're gonna be in trouble when she's a teenager Nicole:)