Thursday, September 3, 2009

RIP...Football widow

Boise State Broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
So, I am sure I am not alone in the fact that I am a football widow for a few months. Between Fantasy Football, NFL, College football and coaching a football team for work, I rarely hear about much else from my husband. Phone calls...long phone calls about his fantasy stuff, practices and games, flipping back and forth between three games at a time...any of this sound familiar?
I don't get it, probably never will. I have tried watching games but I just really can't get into them. I know the saying "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" but this one is real hard.
So, I guess the only thing to do is accept my fate for the season. I will even make sure he has his "football snacks" and probably have friends over to watch at our house just so I can still see him.
So here is a letter to my dear husband:
Dear Ron, I know you love football. I know you love me and the kids. Do your thing and enjoy this football season. The kids and I will still be here when you emerge. My hair might be a different color, but that will just make our reunion that more exciting. The only thing I ask of you is when we got out in public to please wear your blue Bronco jersey, not the BRIGHT orange one that makes you look like a hunter. Hope you picked a good line-up for your Fantasy team...and good luck.
Love, your wife

3 comments:

Jeremy and Sherri said...

you crack me up Nicole - Good luck with all of that - :)

Kristen said...

I can relate...you know all the stuff Rob does....I have a sports widow the past 15.5 years!

OUR HOUSE said...

Great letter Nicole! Ron is a lucky guy - He's got a wife who is supportive AND funny:)