Friday, April 10, 2009

Life's a beach...then you are in pain for days because you are FRIED!

A couple friends and I took our kids to Padre Island in Corpus Christi for the day yesterday.

It was sooo much fun. I woke up today wishing we could go back, but we are all to sun-burnt to be in the sun again so soon. It is only a 2 1/2 hour drive...well worth it. The weather was perfect. Not to hot, kinda windy and overcast...hence the sun burn.


Cierra Baywatch moment #1

Tyler posing

Yes, I bleached Dylan's hair, and yes it is YELLOW!! We are going to work on fixing it today. And apparently 8 year old boys can't just smile for a picture, they have to "throw" some kind of sign.

Cierra Baywatch moment #2

Cierra catching a wave on a boogie board

Someone else has a husband named Ron that wrote this in the sand? What are the odds? Ha just kidding. It was me baby!!

Dylan, the stud.

Dylan and Landon getting ready for me to pull skim them on the boogie board.

K, so this picture shows how unevenly I put sunblock on the kids's faces. I had one of those sticks that look like chapstick...you know? Yeah, I will be lotioning them the rest of the summer. All of the kids look like they have a skin disease because of the red splotchiness.

Cute sun burnt girl after the shower. I think we are going to be finding sand for days and days and days......

11 comments:

Desi said...

What a fun day! I haven't been to the beach in so long! I think we might just need a trip really soon now :)

Dahle Family said...

it looks like you guys had so much fun. Glad you got out and I can not ever get the sun block on evenly no matter what I use so good luck.

Gilbrides said...

Glad to hear you had so much fun. I love Cierra's baywatch pictures. She is so beautiful. I can't believe how much Landon looks like Dylan to me. Your kids are really growing up. Hope the sunburns heal soon!

Lindsey said...

SUPER FUN!!!I WOULD LOVE TO JUST HAVE NICE WEATHER HERE:) I'M SO HAPPY YOU HAD A GOOD TIME:)


ps... YOUR NEW HEADER PICTURE IS SUPER CUTE!!

PPPPSSSSS...SUPER IS THE WORD OF THE DAY!!!!SUPER...SUPERDEE DUPERDEE..SUPERDEDODA....OK BEEEE

Kristen said...

How fun! Love Dylans hair. He looks like Vanilla Ice! Tell me how you did it? I Love the beach. I hope we can spend time together one day!

Abbey said...

I've been wanting to do that for so long! I guess it's worth it, looks like you guys had fun.

The Bergquist Fam said...

glad you guys had fun, the pics are great! we really should do a "play group" to the beach.

oh and i must say i love the pic on your header! cierra's showing the camera some love! very nice!

Jeremy and Sherri said...

I'm glad you had fun - the beach is so great and you went before the heat really kicks in and then the burns would've been even worse:)

Jeremy and Sherri said...

I have a ??? for you since I have asked Heather like a bazillion times and she hasn't answered me... Do you know what she is having??? Or Heather if you read this can you tell me - or are you not finding out?

Heather said...

What a blast!!! That looks like so much fun!! What a great Mom/Wife you are!! Even if you don't spread the sunblock evenly. .. it's not your fault!! Those dang glue stick look alikes are hard to use!!

OUR HOUSE said...

Love the blotchy sunburns. I don't know what would be worse, that or a blotchy tan. I wish we were 2 1/2 hrs. from the beach. We are 2 1/2 hrs. from NOWHERE!