Monday, April 6, 2009

Here's looking at you baby! Happy Birthday my love!

Today is Ron's birthday....his 32nd birthday. Those dang cruise tickets I bought didn't make it in the mail yet so we settled for a lazy day at home. He had the day off work. Unfortunately I have not been feeling well so we didn't do much, but sometimes those days are the best. He got to go out to lunch with some friends from work to his favorite place. It is a BBQ joint here called Rudy's and I definitely do not "heart" it so I suggested he go with his friends.


This evening we had some carrot cake and are attempting to play Rock Band as we speak, but it is a little crazy to say the least.


So, Ron, how do I love thee, let me count the ways......


1. I love that you are pretty hot. Yes this is shallow, but I like this mucho about you!


2. I love that you are a great dad/step-dad. You don't even get depressed that the twins call you Ron. Now that is one well-adjusted human-being!


3. I love that you like to make me happy....because it makes you happy.


4. I love that you work really hard to make me happy because we all know...if mommy ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!


5. I love that you get in moods to watch movies....ie...out of the blue...whether it be a western, action flick, chick flick, or comedy you definitely know what you are in the mood to watch!


6. I love that you are the most random person I know. It has rubbed off on me and now my friends tease me about it. You will be telling me something and I will have no idea what the heck you are talking about. I love that. You make me laugh.


7. I love that I know what snack foods need to be in the house for you at all times. Pretzels, beef jerkey or beef sticks (yuck) and string cheese. Now I know these are pretty typical man foods but I love that I know you prefer your pretzels to be twists rather than sticks;)


8. I love how predictable you can be...like when you are sick you ALWAYS want to take a hot bath.


9. I love that EVERY night without fail or without prompting you give me a foot rub or massage of some kind. You are so giving that way.


10. I love that every morning before work while the rest of the house is still sleeping you empty the dishwasher. I never even have to ask you.


11. I love that you have given the little boys about 60% of their baths. Again, you just do it and I never have to ask.


12. I love that on Sundays we work together perfectly to get ready for church. Each of us knows what we need to do to get everyone ready and to church (somewhat) on time.


13. I love that you feel like a rockstar when you play Rock Band. It is so cute...like a glimpse into an unrealized dream of yours!


14. I love that your night time routine is way longer than mine. I am the one waiting for you in bed.


15. I love that you don't stink.(Talking about body odor...other things are another story)


16. I love that you don't leave in the morning until you have given me a kiss goodbye..even if I am still half asleep.


17. I love how you sing (or can't). It is a very endearing thing to hear you belt out songs you love and not care that you are actually kind of tone-deaf.


18. I love that I know your mannerisms and can tell when you are nervous, happy, sad, mad or other things;)


19. I love how you let me just be me sometimes. You give me freedom to do things that make me happy and support me.


20. I love that I set out to write ten nice things about you and found that I had more to say.


Happy Birthday baby! Can't wait to see what the rest of this year has in store for us;)











Look at that smoke..I didn't even put all 32 candles on!





Blast from the past...Ron's 29th birthday..our first one together. Look at my little Dylan. Also Ron is looking quite young too. I guess being married to me ages one;)



Birthday Archive

6 comments:

Abbey said...

Happy Birthday Ron. Looks like you had a pretty good one. I love all the things you said about Ron Nicole. He is a great guy.

Nicole Howard said...

Thanks Abbey...he is. And a disclaimer...I was KIDDING about the cruise. Ron read that and thought I was serious about it. Ha ha ha. Reason 21 I love him...so gullable;)

Desi said...

What a fantastic birthday tribute! You two are so cute! Thanks for sharing such adorable and wonderful things about Ron! 32 looks like it's going to be a great year! We're getting ready for Rick's 30th this month too! Still working on the date for a party, but we'd love to have you!

Jeremy and Sherri said...

Happy Birthday Ron!!! - I'm glad that I am not the only person that is random - Jer is getting used to it and can usally follow - but once in a while.... Well Kudos to you NIcole if Ron is half as random as me.:)

Dahle Family said...

Happy Birthday Ronbo. I love how much you guys have grown together and you are still madly in love with each other. What an old fart though, I mean 32...WOW...oh wait Jared is older so I had better keep my mouth shut...

Heather said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ron!!!

What a sweet list of loves!! You guys are such a cute couple!!