Thursday, April 24, 2008

Rock and Roll!




The first graders had a float parade today in honor of Fiesta. Fiesta is a month long celebration here in San Antonio. They actually have a school holiday tomorrow because of Fiesta. Dylan wanted a Rock Band float so the best I could think of was to make it into a guitar. I must say that it turned out pretty cute. At first we had a hard time at getting all the pieces to stay glued together, but it didn't fall apart during the parade and that was our goal. When Dylan walked past the older boys they all cheered really loud for his float. Dylan of course was really embarrassed.

9 comments:

Gilbrides said...

Cool float. I can't wait until I can help the girls with school projects. You are such a fun Mom--good job!

Lindsey said...

That is a really cute float. your so frick'n crafty...

Kristen said...

That turned out really cute sis! I bet they do these things to keep us parents mentally in tac!

The Prices said...

That is awesome. I am very impressed. Good thing he has a cool mom to help him.

Abbey said...

It turned out so good! You are so creative.

Unknown said...

Dylan's float was very cool and he was very PROUD of it! I have several pictures that I took before the parade started of Dylan by himself and with some of his classmates. I'll email them to you if you would like for me to. Hope you got the recipes I sent yesterday. I only printed a few and will send more your way soon! Once again...good job on the float!

Sharron Lamont said...

Dylan, what a cool float. I'll bet it was fun experience! I never made a float before. I really like your guitar float. Our computer is working again...it's been a month to get it fixed and back. I'll be writing more now. Grandpa John and I sure love and miss you all!

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

wow it turned out better than you lead me to believe. it is really cute. now i know who to go to for projects like that

Erin said...

How cute! Looks like you guys made a really cool float:)