Sunday, March 2, 2008

Jonah


INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT JONAH




1. Well, to go along with Dylan's, Jonah hit a milestone this year. He is now tall enough to ride Shamu Express. It is the kid roller coaster. It was so wonderful to go yesterday and discover that he is finally able to ride it. He has been patiently watching his brother and sister ride it for a couple years, now it is his turn too. I can honestly say that it made my day to know that he could join in the roller coaster fun.




2. Jonah is a talker. The boy can talk and talk and talk and talk. There is no interrupting him. He either ignores you, or he will start over and over until he is able to get out what he wants to say. I have stopped trying to tell him to tell me later or to hold on a second. One day when I was picking him up from his Sunday school class, I looked inside the room and Jonah had the full undivided attention of his teacher and was quoting lines to her from Peter Pan. She said that he had been doing it for about 5 minutes. He is so funny. He has a lot to say. He loves to quote movie lines...another characteristic from his dad.




3. Jonah loves to dress up in cowboy boots and his cowboy holster that he got for Christmas. It is too big for his little waist so he slings it over his shoulder kind of like a purse. Quite innovative. He is sometimes the bad guy and sometimes the good guy. Dylan and he fight over who gets to be the good guy sometimes.




4. Jonah loves to build with blocks. He will do it all day if I let him. He builds "busy cities", "the Temple", "the mall", "Seaworld", anything his imagination wants. He does a really great job.


He loves to show me each one. He leads me upstairs and then makes me close my eyes and then yells "Ta Da". It is fun to see how excited he is.

6 comments:

Dahle Family said...

Man I miss that kid. Bekah was so excited to hear all about her best friend jonah. what great facts about the man

Sharron Lamont said...

Jonah, so good to learn the special things about you that make you such a fun grandson. We love you so much! We miss you and can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Love, Grandpa John and Grandma Sharron

The Prices said...

I love the black and white photos. I can't believe how big your kids are now.

Gilbrides said...

I had the greatest time getting to know Jonah when he was here. It was so great to hear him say a hundred times how cute Katelyn was. He is so funny. I am so glad that he can finally ride the roller coaster--Good for him. I hope he has a blast.

Abbey said...

I couldn't wait to read Jonahs. I love that he is so insitant on saying what he wants to say. It's sweet.
I'm going to have to do this sometime. Thanks for the idea. (you know me...copying people!)

Lamont said...

Jonah you are so special to us! We love your sweet spirit! We love you Jonah. We can't wait to see you on Saturday!