Monday, March 10, 2008

I don't enjoy cooking!

Here I go playing off of the Mormon Mommy Wars blog, but it hit home again with me today.
So there it is...I don't enjoy cooking. We have never made friends. I believe that when I do cook that it turns out decent, but the planning and execution of a meal is more than I can take sometimes. Every week (almost) I plan out my meals and then go shopping accordingly. Then the list sits ON the fridge and the ingredients sit IN the fridge waiting for me to follow through. Also my creativity with cooking is nonexistant. I think I have the same 7 meal ideas and they get old. So maybe what I am getting at is....Does anyone have any good ideas for me. Easy ideas?? Any words of encouragement? I have done recipe swaps with my wonderful friends and they have wonderful recipes but they are for a motivated person. I need EASY!! Ron tries to encourage me. He tells me that I need to think about dinner first thing in the morning and not wait until everyone is starving and then decide. I hate it when he is right. But who thinks about dinner at breakfast? Maybe a lot of people do. Speaking of which...it is almost lunch and I haven't planned dinner...great.

5 comments:

Abbey said...

I HATE cooking too. I have no motivation for you, sorry. I guess my motivation is that making the meals I plan saves money.

Carolynn said...

Nikker you are too funny! I don't know what I would have done WITHOUT my weekly menu planning. One thing that is so great about planning a menu for the week is that you get to choose what your favorites are - and everyone has to eat what you want!! Each morning I would look at the menu and decide what I felt like having for dinner that night. So okay, the last meal of the week was the least of my favorites. BUT the desserts were always great, especially if I felt bad about one of the meals (like braised liver:0) I would always have a wonderful dessert! Kids love breaskfast for dinner so every now and then we would have waffles and sausage or fried potatoes with scrambled eggs and sausage or ham. I planned my menu from Saturday to Thursday. I always shopped on Friday and we usually went out for dinner on Friday evening or we had company over - so that was probably a potluck. I NEVER RAN OUT OF MILK, BREAD, SUGAR --- because I always planned my shopping list around what I would be baking or cooking. THIS HELPED SAVE $$ BECAUSE YOU DON'T END UP AT THE STORE FOR ONE THING AND COMING HOME WITH 2 ADDITIONAL BAGS OF GROCERIES. Also, one of the neat things is that you can keep a log of recipes that are low-cost so that when the budget gets a little thin, you can pull out these recipes and know exactly how much they will cost. Taking the time to create a weekly menu and sticking with it really helps the food budget out. I know this to be true, because this is how I financed my my sewing and craft habit....okay so the truth comes out......love ya, mom

Kristen said...

it is called CROCK POT RECIPES! I have a lot of them that wonderful and easy!

Kolowich Boys said...

You poor thing i love to cook i have lots of easy recipes let me know what kind of meat your kids will eat and i will send you a few ideas

Nicole Howard said...

They will eat most anything so any ideas would be appreciated!!!