Sunday, January 6, 2008

There is no place like home!

So we survived our trip to Utah/Idaho. 4500 miles later we are safe at home. Temperatures dipped down to the teens while we were there. I found myself longing for Texas weather. You definitely don't know what you got until it is gone.
Our straight through drive (which ended up being more like 26 hours) started a little bumpy. The babies were screaming. Not a pleasant sound. I called my sister to see if I would kill them if I gave them Children's Nyquil. She said probably not. We stopped and I got some. I gave them a little and it seemed to help. Back on the road, I was driving this time. If you have ever ridden with me you know that I am a lead foot mama....so I probably shouldn't have been surprised to see the flashing lights in my rear view mirror. I was going 79 in a 65. Nice. Great. We should just turn around and go home. The officer was kind enough to just cite me for not wearing my glasses while driving...I guess I have a class A restriction. Merry Christmas to me.
Well, back on the road...I am fuming about the ticket....$160 for not wearing glasses. Ron tells me to forget about it...nothing we can do now. Ain't that the truth. So now he drives because I don't have my glasses (which by the way I never wear...in fact I can't even see anything but up close when I wear them.)
We drive and we drive and we drive and then drive some more. It was the longest trip of my life. I think I complained more than the kids did. Well maybe not Jonah...he kept saying "This is taking forever!" Yeah, it was. So on the way home, we decided to stop halfway. I definitely liked that better.
Anyway, we had a great time in Utah and Idaho. Thanks to all of our family that let us stay in their homes. It was so nice to share Christmas with you.
I don't think we will be making that drive again anytime soon. I think we will wait until the babies are at least 3. They just were miserable the whole time we were there. Pictures will follow.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!! We sure did.

2 comments:

Dahle Family said...

ARE THEY MINE?????

Abbey said...

I can't wait to read the rest of you posts and see the pictures...Im glad you're back...don't leave me again, ya hear!!!