Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Breakfast Banter

This morning as the kids were eating breakfast and I was straightening up the kitchen, Cierra asks me, "Is cleaning the kitchen fun?" " Sometimes. Why, does it look fun?" I asked. She said that it did and I told her that it was a good thing she thought so because one day she will be a mommy and have her own kitchen to clean. She then said, " No I won't because I am going to stay with you forever." Dylan chimed in, "Me too!" Then in between bites of cereal, Jonah declares, "I'm not, I am going to have my own place!" Break my heart.
Just kidding, but really Cierra quite often tells me that she is going to stay with me forever. How I wish that were true. I wish I could have them sign a paper saying this. Maybe I should.
Also last night when we were tucking the kids in bed, Cierra puts her little arms around my neck, looks deep into my eyes and says, "Mommy, I will never lose your heart." It brought tears to my eyes. She has such a tender little heart. I love her innocence. The way she words her emotions are priceless. It amazes me every day the people that they are turning into and the way that they feel and think. I love being their mom.

2 comments:

Abbey said...

That is so sweet...can't get a better compiment than that :)
LOL Jonah cracks me up though.

Gilbrides said...

your kids are so sweet. I am not surprised though, you are such a good mom.