Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Broken Bones




Well, I have officially turned the broken bone page of being a mom. Yep....the first one of my kids to break a bone is.......JONAH!!!


Yesterday whilst( yes I really did say whilst) I was making dinner, Dylan and Jonah were wrestling in the family room. Then Jonah starts crying. Ron says to me, "That is not Jonah's normal cry, something must be wrong." Then comes Jonah running holding his left arm. I was afraid to look thinking his arm would be bent out of shape or something. Needless to say Jonah and I were off to the ER leaving a very devastated Dylan. He was so upset and felt like it was his fault...poor kid.


Anyway, the waiting room of the ER wasn't very full so I thought we would be in and out of there.....not the case. We left for the ER at 5:45pm and didn't get home unitl 2 am!


After some xrays they told us that Jonah fractured his arm just below his wrist in two places...including the growth plate.


Now he has a black cast that looks a little scrappy. After they cast him, they sawed open the sides to allow room for swelling and then used surgical tape to hold it all together. I asked if the tape was supposed to hold and he said probably not and then walked out of the room. Nice...they couldn't even give me some free tape.


Jonah is in pretty good spirits. Every now and then he gets mad and cries because he wants the cast off.


It is going to be a long 4 weeks.

5 comments:

Gilbrides said...

Poor Jonah and Dylan. Tell him that his Uncle James has broken his arm 4 times, mostly while playing with other family members. I hope the time goes fast.

Abbey said...

Oh poor Jonah! I feel so bad for him :(

Kristen said...

Yes, I broke James arm...so what? He shouldn't have jumped off the bike handles after I told him to hold on! Poor little Jonah! Lots of hugs and kisses for him!!

Dahle Family said...

My poor Jonah Bonah. Tell him Bekah started to cry for him and said that she wanted to kiss it better for him. Hope it heals quickly for him and for you.

Sharron Lamont said...

Jonah, we are so sorry that you got hurt! How long will it be before you get your cast off, or is it already off? Ask Aunt Erin how she broke her wrist when you see her.(wrestling just like you) Ask your dad how he broke his wrist. (riding a dirt bike) Ask Uncle Ian how he broke his wrist. (roller skating). We sure love you all!