Saturday, October 13, 2007

Dylans turns 7!!







My firstborn child just turned seven on the 8th of October. I can't believe how fast it has gone. I am going to be corny for a second...so bear with me....I was listening to the radio today and Kenney Chesney's new song, "Don't Blink" came on. It is about an old man that turns 100 they are asking him what the secret to life is and he says that a hundred years goes faster than you think...da da da da da..don't blink. It says that your 6 year old goes to take a nap and wakes up and he is 21.



Anyway, there is more and you should hear it..but I got tears in my eyes just thinking about how some times I wish the day away. As much as life has it's stresses and it is hard, I wouldn't trade these years with my children for anything. So, I am going to try to take in every moment with them. I do not want any regrets.



3 comments:

Dahle Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY. Hope you had a wonderful day and that you know that we love you

Gilbrides said...

that is so true. And you're not corny at all. I think that all the time. . how there are parts of the day when I can't wait for Lauren to fall asleep only to see her sleeping and wish she were awake so I could play with her and let her know how much I love her.

The Prices said...

I can't believe Dylan is 7. I still remember your baby shower when you were pregnant with him like it was yesterday!