Thursday, October 25, 2007

Poor excuse for a birthday
















So, the babies turned one on the 13th. Poor kids...we didn't do a thing on their birthday. They stayed in their pj's all day and we didn't even leave the house once. Well, the guilt set in so I decided to do a little get together the Monday after their birthday....I even fudged the date on the camera people so that in later years they could look back at these pictures and have no clue that we were slackers....dispicable I know. I managed to throw a cake mix in a pan and bake it. Then I managed to cut them each a slice (with no frosting..trying to save myself a little cleanup time) and plop it in front of them for the traditional " I'm one..watch me put my hands in birthday cake and make a huge mess" picture. I think the picture with the bowl on Tyler's head is even rigged.





Absolutey pathetic.





Maybe I should erase this so there is no evidence.

3 comments:

Abbey said...

LOL, Don't worry, we had to do the same thing with Hunter because i forgot to take pictures the night before...at least you changed the date, i don't even think i bothered :)

Kristen said...

They are babies Nick and better yet, they are BOYS so they won't care! You are a good mom! I think they will laugh that you went through all the trouble to do that for them. I am a terrible Aunt, I was having too much fun in Vegas and didn't even call. At least I sent the B-day gifts early!

Rochelle said...

Nicole you are such an awesome mom. Believe me, you are not the only one to slack on a birthday. Miranda has always had big crazy birthdays...Bella on the other hand has kind of been forgotten in that respect. Ooops on my part. Don't feel bad...you are NOT alone. Just think...we have to give our kids SOMETHING to tell their therapist! :)
Love you!