Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Couple Of Things....

First off...I am so excited! I inherited my mom's old (and I mean old...like 30 years old) Kitchen Aid!!! Man they build these things to last! This is my first one and I am digging the retro green! It matches my kitchen perfectly!! My mom told me that the color was called "avocado". I love it!!! A lot of cakes, breads and other yummies have been made in this thing. I am honored to carry on the tradition!
Isn't she a beauty!! :)
Second...this is what we see when we look in our backyard now. They have demolished the houses behind us. Our little street is the only one standing. When they are out working full force I almost feel like we should be waving a flag reminding them that we are still here. It is so noisy, and the house SHAKES when they are working. Oh and the dust...we are covered! The furniture is covered. We are sneezing and wheezing. Very pleasant.

Does this make anyone else sad?? They are tearing out the trees. It really makes me sad. They are living and beautiful and then they are ripped from the ground. Ugh! We have a wonderful tree in our backyard that the kids climb and we have rope swings hanging from. I will be so sad when they tear it down.

4 comments:

OUR HOUSE said...

What are they clearing the land for?

Gilbrides said...

First off, congrats on the kitchen aid---they are so amazing!! And second, that is really sad to see things being torn down and knowing it will be happening where you are living right now. Hope you stay as dust-free as possible :)

Kristen said...

I remember when mom bought that kitchen aid! I was at the fair with her! Think I was like 5 or something, so it would make it 35 years old! Fun fun! I had that for a little while too! Passing through the kids!

Lynda said...

Hooray for aquiring your mom's Kitchen Aid!! Soo exciting!