Friday, December 12, 2008

Happenings....

Like I previously posted, Tyler and Landon have graduated to a big boy bed. Ever since they have, they do not take naps. I put them in their room for a nap everyday, but they play instead. I have been trying to figure out how to get them to take a nap...so if anyone has any ideas, please share. Today Ron found Tyler asleep in this bottom drawer of a set of drawers they had disassembled. Who needs a bed when you have a nice plastic container??

Landon fell asleep close by. Why sleep on a comfy bed when you can sleep on the floor?

Dylan started basketball. Here he is on his first day of practice. He loves it so far and Ron is his coach again.


Cierra is such a sweetie!! Always so positive and cheering everyone up!

This morning I had to perform surgery on Tyler's ear. I was looking in his ear and it looked like he had a big ball of earwax so I tried to pick it out and I noticed it felt hard. I looked closer and discovered it was not earwax, but a bead. He has a habit of sticking foreign objects in his orifices...see popcorn kernel up the nose. I had Ron hold his head really still so I could try to get it out with tweezers. It wasn't working...so I got a toothpick and stuck it right through the hole of the bead and voila....success!! Really Tyler?

And last but certainly not least...our Jonah boy's 5th birthday. He woke up not feeling so well. He had a slight fever, but with some Tylenol it seemed to let up. We were going to go to Chuck E Cheese tonight to celebrate but we decided to go tomorrow to make sure he feels his best.

I took cupcakes into his class to celebrate. I know for sure he wasn't feeling well because he didn't eat his lunch or the cupcake. Poor kid. It's the worst to be sick on your birthday.
Happy Birthday Jonah.
Jonah is such a wonderful part of our family. He is the cutest kid. He is so sweet, considerate, helpful and caring. He loves to draw pictures. He loves playing with his brothers and sister. His favorite movie is still Polar Express. He loves the music on it. He can watch it over and over again. He always compliments his mom and sister. His latest favorite saying is "I'm livin the life!" I have no idea where he got it. I can not believe his is 5 already. Time has flown.
We love you sweet boy. Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

Lamont said...

Jonah We love you! We hope that you have a great birthday! Love always DADDY and Kim

The Bergquist Fam said...

Happy Bday Jonah! And way cute cute pics of Tyler and Landon. Sorry about the naps though. I'm so afraid of the same thing happening with Timmy in 2 weeks when we attempt "the move" to a big boy bed.

OUR HOUSE said...

Nice update Nicole. JT has a nice big double bed. He sleeps on the floor about 80% of the time.

Heather said...

What a great post!!
Dylan, good luck with Basketball! You are going to do great at it!
Cierra, you are such a beautiful cheerleader!!
Tyler and Landon, I hope you get the nap thing figured out. Those sleeping positions don't look comfy!
Jonah, Happy Birthday!! I hope you keep livin the life!! Too cute!
Nicole, Way to go with the surgery of the bead!! Very smart to get a toothpick.

Lindsey said...

GOOD HECK I WOULD PUT THE CRIBS BACK UP!!!J/K.. I LOVE THE PICTURES TO FUNNY!!I'M GLAD YOU GOT THE BEAD OUT OF HIS EAR...SCAREY!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONAH!! I HOPE YOU MOVE HERE WE HAVE KIDS ALMOST THE SAME AGE:)

Kristen said...

What cute pictures! You have your hands full with boys! Hope Jonah had a good day despite being sick. Poor guy!

Erin said...

Happy belated birthday Jonah Bear! We Love you soooo much! I can't believe your 5! What a big boy! I hope you are all better now:)