Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

Merry Christmas to you all. We had a great time here...well if you consider being sick as a dog a great time. Yes, for the 4th week in a row someone was sick in our home, and that someone was me. When our house gets sick, we get SICK!! Luckily I was able to pull myself together for Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas dinner. We had friends coming over for both and I would have felt horrible to have to cancel. I literally was death warmed over before each dinner, luke warm death during dinner, and then death warmed over twice after dinner. I think it is a case of strep. You see, I self diagnose and then self medicate. Whenever I am prescribed an antibiotic I only take half and then save the other half for cases such as this. Yep, there's a little tip for ya;)
Anyway, we really did have a great Christmas. I was very blessed to have my wonderful husband help me out so much and let me rest so much. He and the kids have played lots of games while I have slept. Thanks babe for helping me get better!

The fam on Christmas Eve..with Landon and Tyler looking so thrilled.
Writing the letter to Santa.

The letter, the cookies, the milk, the crew!

Christmas morning attacking the stockings. That was always my favorite part as a kid. And note to self...a 99 cent whoopie cushion and dollar marker board from Target are apparently ALL you need to get your kids for Christmas. A day later those are the things they haven't put down yet...go figure.

Tyler and Landon playing in their tent from Grandma.

8 comments:

Lamont said...

Merry Christmas!! Hope you start feeling better!

Buttle Family said...

Sorry you were sick. It stinks being sick when there is so much going on. Hope Christmas was fun. Your kids are so cute.

Dahle Family said...

Merry Christmas! Are you feeling better yet? I can not believe how long your hair has gotten. You have such a cute family. Miss you guys tons

Kristen said...

Why does Landon look so sad?

Gilbrides said...

Even though you were sick you look gorgeous. I LOVE your hair!! Perfect color and cut. I hope that you are feeling all better.

Lindsey said...

NIC..I DO THE SAME THING WITH ANTIBIOTICS:) I HOPE YOUR FEELING BETTER:)I'M GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT CHRISTMAS AFTER ALL:) HAPPY NEW YEAR.. I HOPE TO SEE YOU THIS YEAR:)

Lindsey said...

THIS COMING UP YEAR I MEAN:)

OUR HOUSE said...

I love the family picture. It's too bad your other two boys couldn't be in it. We're just getting over the sick at our house, but luckily it was only a 24hr. bug and not something horrible like strep. Feel better. Merry Christmas!