Saturday, September 27, 2008

Unspectacular Quirky me

Call me silly, but I get excited when I see that someone tagged me so thank you Kathy...Love ya.

DunDunDun....Here are the rules:
1 - List the person(s) who tagged you
2 - Mention the rules on your blog
3 - Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4 - Tag 6 fellow bloggers

Unspectacular quirk #1. I have a horrible habit of picking my split ends. I think that is why I have let my hair grow so much...so it is less of an eye strain;) Seriously it is terrible but I can't seem to quit. As a matter of fact I was doing it while thinking about what I was going to write on this post. I need help, I know.

Unspectacular quirk #2. I Windex my counter tops at least 6 or more times a day. It is pointless because number one, they are blackish, and number two, I have kids. I also Windex and shine my sink numerous times a day and am a little upset that others (i.e. kids and husband) don't respect my shiny sink and don't wipe it out after each use too.

Unspectacular quirk #3. I sleep with my head at the foot of the bed. For some reason it is more comfortable to me, although I am pretty sure it isn't any different than the head of the bed. It feels cooler to me too. So I guess you could say that Ron gets a good cuddle with my feet and vice versa;)

Unspectacular quirk #4. I love getting the mail....ya know...the good old fashioned in-your-mailbox kind of mail. It makes me happy...even though it is almost always bills. For some reason I have it in my head that one day I will go to get the mail and there will be an envelope with a ton of money in it. I have read that this has happened in like Japan and I figure "Hey why not..it could happen."

Unspectacular quirk #5. I get a little crazy when I don't know where both sippie cups for the boys are. I am talking a little anxiety here. In my mind I see them finding it days later with curdled milk and that just makes me sick to think about...so we have many cup-finding "parties" a day.

Unspectacular quirk #6. Let's just say I owe y'all one. I can not think of another. I am just so normal.....

So I tag, Lindsey, Heather Dickens, Carolyn, Desi, Liz, Melissa, Jenny, Ruth, Kim, Rocky.

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

OO GOODNESS YOU WOULD NOT LAST A DAY AT MY MESS OF A HOUSE THEN!!!ARE YOU LIKE THE MOM ON MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING WITH YOUR WINDEX??? AND GOOD HELL WOMEN SLEEP NEXT TO YOUR HUSBAND!! HA HA.. AS FOR PICKING YOUR SPLIT ENDS I DO IT ALSO. SO KEEP THAT UP!!!THANKS FOR THE TAG!!I'M ON IT LIKE BLUE BONETT!!

Abbey said...

#1: Me too!!! I actually use scissors to but them out because I feel like that might be better?? It's really addicting

#2: I know what you mean about people not respecting our shiny sinks...seriously people! It's very important to us!

#3: This is funny...I still love you though ;)


#4: I didn't hear about that story...I like getting my mail now too.

#5: I love those nasty-old-milk bottles. Except it is so hot here, it seems like it happens in a day, instead of days....gross.

#6: Me too! That is why i'm so glad you didn't tag me...hehehe just messing

OUR HOUSE said...

You tagged me? What are you doing to me Nicole? Okay, I'll do it, but only because your answers made me laugh, and your crazy quirks just make me like you even more. Give me a couple of days though.

The Prices said...

wow--your sink doesn't have a pile of dirty dishes in it??? You can actually see it enough to keep it shiny??? I am impressed with you and embarassed for me! FYI: I used to have the same obsession about the sippy cups. They had to all be accounted for at all times! I have passed that stage now--thank goodness for no more sippys!!

Melissa said...

Thanks for the tag Nicole, as if I'm not behind enough! Just Kidding. I really am behind, but I'm not mad. Yeah, I obsessively counted my sippy cups, too. I finally stopped leting the boys have them, except on airplanes, and it's so liberating to not have to count them every time I unload the dishwasher. It's the fear of that bondage that is keeping me from having another baby. Not really.

The Bergquist Fam said...

fun to read about you! i so don't have any cleaning quirks. i almost wish i did, you can hardly ever see my counters and sink under all the dishes. thanks for the tag!

Heather said...

I totally thought of my big fay greek wedding also!! So funny!! You are so clean!! I wish I were more like you! You had me rolling on the ground laughing!! You crack me up girl!! I can't believe that you sleep with your head at the bottom of the bed!! Maybe I will try that one night!
Thanks for the tag. . .I will get it done this week!! Your so cute to include me!

Lindsey said...

K SO THIS HAS BEEN BUGGING ME.. I THINK IT IS THE DAD NOT THE MOM ON MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING.. SORRY I HAD TO CLEAR THAT UP.. ANOTHER ONE OF MY O.C.D .THINGS...HAHA