Monday, September 29, 2008

Mommy the carpet cleaning semi-hero

I borrowed my friends carpet cleaner (thanks Abbey) and went to town this morning. I must pat myself on the back (cuz no one else will) and say that I did so with a very sore throat and pounding head. How happy I am that I did it. For some reason having clean carpet makes me feel better.
Oh and really who in their right mind would buy a house with light cream colored carpet with five kids....oh that would be me. Seriously what were we thinking. I could not believe how black the water was after I cleaned....although I secretly was fascinated by it(I guess the secret is out). How do we get the carpet that dirty? We take our shoes off in the house. Are our feet really that dirty....sick.
And all the while I was cleaning the carpet and smugly thinking of all that I was accomplishing the cries of poor Landon went unheard. Luckily I stopped to empty out the water tray and heard a sad cry and also a "whack, whack, whack". I look up the stairs and Tyler is banging Landon on the head with a toy car. Poor Landon has his little hands over his face trying to ward off the beating. Tyler saw me and high-tailed it into his bedroom and closed his door. I swooped Landon up and he held on so tight and started patting me on the back. Aww...sweet boy. Mommy to the rescue...the same mommy that was ignoring them for the satisfaction of clean carpet. All in a days work.

9 comments:

The Prices said...

I love when they pat you on the back!! That is my favorite!!

Our carpets are light too!! I feel your pain. Luckily it is only in the bedrooms.

Desi said...

Clean carpet! Yes, that is definitily something to pat yourself on the back for. I'm so happy too, Jerusha came over and vaccumed for me today! YEA! Clean carpet!!!

Jeremy and Sherri said...

You are the cleaning hero!!! I laugh that Tyler ran off when he knew he was Busted!!

Lindsey said...

WHAT UP!! HA HA.. I JUST WENT AND BOUGHT A CARPET CLEANER TODAY..IT MUST BE IN THE AIR...

Dahle Family said...

nothing is better than getting that deep clean. You want to come and do mine next???
Your boys just make me laugh. I love it and all their antics.

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

Hey at least your carpet is clean now right!!! Hey all I have to say is that if mom isn't happy nobody is happy.

Heather said...

OH I love it!! That is the best feeling when the house is clean and it smells clean!! Don't you want to just lay on the floor now that it is clean and dry?? Your boys crack me up!! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Abbey said...

Tyler, Tyler! I love that he knows exactly what he is doing...little stinker!

OUR HOUSE said...

I don't even think that light colored carpet should exist. I hate our! I feel ya on the dirty water obsession thing. When we first got a bagless vacuum, I was obsessed with seeing the see-through container thing fill up with dirt. It was grossly satisfying.