Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day Part II

So, with the day starting off so well yesterday, I was looking forward to a nice evening with my husband.
I had gone to Costco with my friend Abbey, and while we were there, Tyler was acting sick. He kind of had a glazed over look and was putting his head down on the cart handle and closing his eyes.
When we got home, I put the babies down for a nap. They slept a good two and a half hours, I had to go wake them up. When I got Ty out of his crib, he was burning up. I don't think I have ever felt one of my kids so hot. I took his temp in his little behind and it said 106. That is when I freaked out. I gave him some Motrin and then off to the ER we went. I can't even begin to tell you how much I hate going to the ER. Going there means hours and hours of waiting.
Well, to make a long story short, Tyler has an acute pneumonia. I am glad I took the poor little guy. He is doing alright. He doesn't want to eat, but they said as long as he is drinking fluids he will be ok.
So, I got to spend Valentine's with another man in my life.

5 comments:

Jeremy and Sherri said...

Nicole - what a fun morning and a crazy night - I feel your pain - Ashley and Aurora have been taking turns having fever's and coughing for over a week now, Teething, ear infections, etc. Love our great kids
I hope Tyler is doing better

Gilbrides said...

Poor Tyler! I am so sorry. I would hate having to go to the E.R.--I really feel for you. I hope he gets feeling better soon!

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

Sounds like our valentines day went the exact opposite of each other. Mine started out bad and ended good. Poor Ty, let me know how his appointment goes.

Erin said...

I am sorry to hear that. I hope he gets well very soon!

Sharron Lamont said...

I'm so sorry that Tyler's ill. How is he doing now? I haven't been on the blogs until now, wow I need to keep up better. I hope he's much better by now! Sharron