Sunday, December 16, 2007

Cierra's Polka Dots



I decided I wanted to paint Cierra's room so we went to Home Depot to pick out paint. The girl insisted on pink, but I tried to convince her of a nice light lime green. She wanted no part of it, but I was determined not to paint her room pink...so I bought the green(which by the way was a reject of someone else's so I got a whole gallon for $5). She was so upset...I mean crocodile tears, and while I try not to give into them when they act that way, I felt bad...I mean she has to sleep in there, not me. So I snuck back to Home Depot and picked up a gallon of pink...which was not $5...but $12, still not that bad. Dylan hung out with me while I painted her room and then we surprised her. Her reaction was "You only painted one wall?" Nice. I definitely am NOT painting her whole room pink. I am putting my foot down....maybe.
I added the green polka dots. I had to use my $5 paint right?

7 comments:

Abbey said...

So cute. I love the polka dots :) I'm sure Cierra was thrilled with her pink room.

Erin said...

Ok so when are you gonna help me paint my house? You will see when you come. It is bad lol. I love pink and green! You did a great job nicole. I'll bet Cierra loves it.

Sharron Lamont said...

What a cute room! I love the pink with the green polka dots too! Hey, what's wrong with pink? I have one room that is the pink "ballerina room". It is truly a grandchildren room. Nicole, don't think of it as giving in, you did great!

Gilbrides said...

What a great room. You did such a great job. It truly looks fit for a princess. Lauren loved it and said it was her Cinderella room. :)

Lamont said...

Cierra, We love your room! My room was pink too when I was a little girl. So good choice!

Lamont said...

Is that my angel Cierra in her pretty pink room? I hope you love it.

Kristen said...

I love your room Cierra and I love you!

Aunt Kristen