Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Has this ever happened to you?

I am nervous to read my book.......A couple weeks ago I was at the store looking for a new book and picked up one called "The Shack" by Wm. Paul Young. The subtitle says, "Where tragedy confronts eternity". I like a book with substance...something that makes me feel something so the subtitle grabbed my attention. I had no idea it was a Christian fiction book, which is fine.
Turns out it is about a family whose daughter is abducted and then killed. I am sure I am not alone in that I have a hard time reading or watching anything that has anything to do with a child being hurt or abused. So I am to the chapter where the daughter goes missing and I am TERRIFIED to continue, even though it has been a great book and I can tell it is going to be awesome. Ron noticed I was reading it and said that people at his work have been talking about it and that is a great book. I really should pick it back up, but not tonight...Biggest Loser is on!

4 comments:

Dahle Family said...

Good luck. Let me know if/when you do finish it and if it is one to read.

Heather said...

YUCK!! Those books always bother me. . .but intrigue me. Why is that? I may have to go get that book. ..but I am with Dahle, I will wait to see if you survive it first. Do you love always being my guinea pig??!! I love you for it!
BTW are you on Goodreads? I would love to get to know what other books you have read and loved!

Erin said...

Ya I can't read or watch anything like that. It is too disturbing for me then I can't sleep.

Lindsey said...

I'M READING THE DEAD UNTIL DARK BOOKS..THEY ARE SUPER GOOD SO FAR THEY ARE FROM THE HBO'S TRUE BLOOD I HAVE NOT WATCHED THE SHOWS YET BUT I'M EXITED TO SEE THEM.. I LIKE IT CAUSE IT IS LIKE TWILIGHT BUT IT IS FOR ADULTS IF YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING.. HA HA..

I TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM BOOKS LIKE THAT.. I'LL JUST WAIT FOR THE MOVIE:) GOOD LUCK LET ME KNOW HOW YOU LIKE IT..

ps. my word verification is rednec how funny is that..i am a little red neck:)