Sunday, November 30, 2008

We are big boys now!!

Tyler and Landon graduated to a "big boy" bed this weekend.
Our home teacher and his wife were so kind and gave us a set of bunk beds that they didn't need anymore. They are so perfect for the boys!
Tyler and Landon "helped" Ron and I put them together.

Testing it out after we were done.

We had hyped it up to them all day and they were so excited. We put them to bed and closed the door and before we could get downstairs the crying started. It was just Tyler. He likes to rock himself to sleep and had his routine down in his crib. When we went back in he was standing and crying. We told him to get back in bed and he just said "NO!" over and over. Great...there goes any sleep tonight! I went and got pillows from the couch and showed him that he could rock against it. Once he figured it out he was fine. They are both on the bottom. They haven't figured out to climb to the top yet and -fingers crossed- they won't for a while.
Thank you so much Brother and Sister VanDeventer!!!!


7 comments:

Abbey said...

That is so great! Hopefully they will get the hang of it within the next couple of nights. It's nice not to have a crib, but some night's I am really tempted to set up that pack-n'-play! hehe
The Vandeventers are so awesome. I love them.

Lindsey said...

O I HOPE THEY LOVE THERE BED:) HUNTER AND COLE HAVE THE SAME BUNK BED.. BUT COLE SLEEPS ON THE COUCH EVERY NIGHT.. O WELL AT LEAST IT IS NOT MY BED HUH??? ARE YOU COMING HERE FOR THE HOLIDAYS???

The Bergquist Fam said...

nice bunk beds! good luck with the no climbing the ladder. we are planning timmy's big move over christmas break so that the inevitable crying and long nights don't interrupt school and work schedules.

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

How fun!! What big boys they are becoming. Such a cute pic of the boys and ron setting up the beds.

OUR HOUSE said...

I'm tempted to put Alex in a big boy bed after Christmas, but I'm also a little scared. You just never know how they're going to take to it.

Lamont said...

I am sorry Ron is gone. I hope everything goes well for you this week. Yeah I guess I am just practicing for when Christian gets deployed.

Heather said...

That is so cute!! I love how they look so comfy on that bottom bunk! Those are some cool hand me downs! Score!