Saturday, November 8, 2008

Things I learn from my kids....

Anyone that knows Dylan knows that he LOVES to play video games. From the age of probably 1 he would sit with his dad on the couch and just hold a controller while his dad was playing. Then he of course graduated to playing himself. He has tons of games and on most days would come home from school, do homework, eat a snack and then disappear to play his games.
Well, Dylan has had a goal the past two weeks that he would not play his video games at all. As of tomorrow he will have met his goal. He made his goal all by himself, and stuck to it all by himself. I never once had to remind him of his goal. I don't even know why he made the goal, but he did and he followed through.
What a lesson for me. I have made countless goals, countless times and have failed to follow through. Seeing Dylan set and accomplish his goal has shown me that if my eight year old can do it, so can I. Thanks Dylan for teaching your mom a little something...I am sure it won't be the last time;)

7 comments:

Jeremy and Sherri said...

WAy to go Dylan!! I know it is hard to not do something that you love - what a great way to prepare for your baptism day. WE are so proud of you!!! Thanks for being an example to me too.

Heather said...

That is so cute!! What a great little guy!! He had a good upbringing!! Good job Mom!!

I think it's cute that you put the desktop on as your blog header!! I would be happy to make you a true blog header if you want!! Just email me the pictures (if you want pictures in it), the color choice, what you want it to say, and any other specifics!!

Abbey said...

Gosh make me all teary eyed!
That is so sweet...He really is a good boy.

Lindsey said...

HOW CUTE IS THAT!!! THAT IS HARD.. I KNOW I HAVE TO GAMERS AT MY HOUSE ALSO.. I DON'T THINK THEY COULD DO IT.. SO GOOD JOB DYLAN!!!

Carolyn said...

He is an amazing kid. It is great to have that skill at age 8.

Erin said...

He is such a good boy! I am so proud of him!

OUR HOUSE said...

That is amazing that it was his own idea to begin with. JT is also a video game junky, and I'd fall lover if he ever came up with that.