Friday, December 4, 2009

Dream

Last night I had a dream. In this dream was a beautiful baby girl. I didn't know who she belonged to. All I know is that I wanted to take care of her. I can still see her face now, she was so precious. She had dark hair. I woke up with a painful longing for her. This has not left my mind all day. I keep seeing her face.

So, what does this mean? Is she my daughter? Is she reminding me that I promised to bring her to this earth? Because, well, as we all know I have plenty of kids as it is and we really aren't planning on having anymore. The question of whether or not we are planning on having more kids is usually met with a "Heck to the NO!!!". Sometimes a less convincing "no". I have felt before that there is someone missing, but shrug that aside remembering how many mouths we have to feed and telling myself that I have more than done my share of "multiplying and replenishing the earth."

Even entertaining the thought of having another child makes me nervous and makes my heart race. It is a lot of work having a baby..do I really want to do it again? The sleepless nights, the sore EVERYTHING from pregnancy and childbirth. Plus I am over 30 now...would that affect my pregnancy? I have five beautiful and healthy children...would I be tempting fate?

All of these thoughts are running through my mind, but are being pushed out by the face of a baby girl with brown hair. I told Ron about my dream and the longing it has left in my heart. He said, "Yeah some dreams can do that." Ha. He tried to change the subject real quick. I told him we need to pray about it. He reminded me our car will not fit another person and how we won't be getting a new car anytime soon. This is true....

So, where does this leave us? I am not entirely sure. I have faith that if I am supposed to have another child that we will be able to make it work car-wise, financially, and sanity-wise. So all I can say is "We'll see".

Stay tuned...

4 comments:

OUR HOUSE said...

Oooohh, tough one. I do not envy you this decision. But I know that you can handle it, and that you will figure it out. You are one great lady:)

Erin said...

Ya I am so anti babies right now cause I am still recovering from my c-section and I am still having sleepless nights. Combine that with potty training and post partumn and I am a major mess!!! But I know what it is like to feel like someone is missing. I have always felt I am to have 4 kids and right now I really just want to be done and to have the peace of knowing that I can be done. I too will just have to wait and see and play it by ear:) Good luck!

The Prices said...

Cierra needs a sister! I can't say much though cause London doesn't have one either. BUT...we are still in the process of adopting our little girl from China. Anyway, after talking to lots of people, when you are done having kids you will KNOW it. I honestly have NO desire to have anymore babies. I don't feel like we are missing someone and when I hold someone's baby I don't have that feeling of longing like I used to. Take that for what its worth, but I think yoiu are right...everything will work out (i.e. car...)if you are supposed to have this baby!

Dahle Family said...

Nicole if anyone can do it with more kids you can. You are an incredible mom and you are right to say that you need to pray about it. With faith ALL things are possible and as long as you are doing what the Lord wants, all will be ok. You have always said that Olivia was missing, so maybe that is her. Only you and Ron know that though